Sunday 5 August 2007

Funky Cold Maderma

Well, Steve and I are juuuust starting to get back to normal. I didn't post it - but Steve had to go back to the hospital AGAIN on Tuesday because he was so sick. They did a CT scan an admitted him to Ball Memorial again. We got the same room and even one of our favourite nurses. We hunkered down in the room and watched a re-airing of the Democrat YouTube debate (which only succeeded in making him sicker I think ;) and a show called "14 children and pregnant again." Which, I've recently learned is arcain because - she's had like 2 more kids since the show we saw. I have thoughts on people having that many children - but that's for another post.

They let him go late Wednesday because his biliruben count went back down and we are waiting for the results of his final blood draw. ~sigh~ drama drama!

Yesterday we had lunch at Chilis (YUM!) Madeline ate us out of house and home by eating a TON of broccoli, some of my turkey sandwich, and some of Steve's mashed potatoes. After that we went to Babies R Us where we only spent 10 bucks. YAY US!! Then a few more boring errands and then to the mall. I don't know what we were thinking going to Castleton on a Saturday. ICK! IT was so packed with back to school parents and whiney kids that I almost had a panic attack. It's changed a lot since I was in High School - it seems like a lot more sketchy people are there now. Every where you turn there are creepy cell phone salesmen leering at 13 year old girls. ICK! Anywho - we got in and out of there as fast as we could and then stopped on the way home for a hot fudge sundae treat! (Sorry Madeline! None for you!) Which we enjoyed later whilest watching about 6 episodes of COPS.

We aren't normally COPS watchers - but guess where they were filming? Oh yeah - right in downtown Indianapolis. How could we resist? As much as I like brainy, thought provoking movies - I enjoy a zone out here and there.

Segue

Recent movies I have watched:

The Queen - Brilliant movie. Helen Mirrien deserved her oscar.
Music and Lyrics - VERY cute. I kept singing "I've been dreaming with a clown above my bed" all night
The Departed - I got this one mostly for my husband. I hate action movies. But, it was almost Shakespearean (maybe a little more swearing though) in that it was very just. If you killed someone - you're going to die. No bad guys getting away with anything here.
The Black Dahlia - My husband loves Mob movies so I rented this one for him. I checked out a book on it, thinking that would get me more into it. So far - the book is reeeeeeeeeeeally slow and the movie was HORRIBLE! My husband and I barely made it through! Honestly, if i only had 2 hours to live I would watch this movie because it lasted a LIFETIME!

Anywho - Steve's mom bought him some Maderma for his scars and I think I'm going to snag some of it to try on my C-section scar. Although, it's probably too big an undertaking. Maybe, if we have a few more children (don't hold your breath) I could get them to make separate incisions and I'd have a Zorro thing going on.

alright - lots to do before the baby wakes up!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Love the blog title. I wonder who will "get it." Sounds like Madeline is just working on getting those teeth in. So sorry to hear about your husband. Keep us posted on his status.