Friday 10 August 2007

National Redundant Day?

So we all know that people who say "IPS Schools" are at the top of my pet peeve list. Honestly "Indianapolis Public Schools Schools" How hard is it?

Then I heard this:

PIN Number

Personal Identification Number ...Number

and this:

ATM Machine

Automated Teller Machine Machine

Ok, so I've probably been guilty of one of the above.....

Here, however, is something that is NOT redundant

Miniature Pony Pony

Down the street from us, a family has a huge pen in their front yard with a miniature pony in it. It's a landmark I tell people to look for when I'm trying to get them to our house. She's the cutest thing ever. She's always got her head squeezed through the gate trying to get the grass on the outside of the pen. (I'll avoide the obvious parable here)

Well, about 2 months ago the miniature pony - had a pony!! So now whenever I drive by there's a miniature pony and a miniature pony pony. It's about 2 feet long and a foot and half high. It's often lying on its side like a dog in the sun by its mom. I can only imagine the conversations that Madeline and I will have every time we go by there! She really will be begging for a pony.

Speaking of, smells like my little pony pony needs a change change.

No comments: