Friday 17 August 2007

Queen of the Road







I have been mentioning the bike trailer we got for Madeline. Well - wait no longer! We're really into giving gifts early around here I guess! I had been pining for one and thought maybe for her birthday that would be our big gift to her. :) I'm SO glad we got it! We've been out on it probably 6 times and she just loves it! Sits happily - eating whatever toy we've given her - or chewing the seatbelts.
Of course, I don't really like riding bikes as that qualifies as exersize, but I've actually really enjoyed it. The three of us go riding after dinner most days, and sometimes I take her out during the day if it isn't too hot. It'll be really nice when fall comes around and the evenings are crisp and cool. Yummmm!
Well, today I am gettng a pedicure. YAY!!!! I am in SORE need of one - even though sandal season is coming to an end. Steve's afraid to come over to my "side" of the bed because of my professed talons. (They really aren't that bad!)
It's amazing the things you appriciate after you have a baby. When I run errands in Indy - I usually drop the baby off at my parents' house. All the sudden, it's like I'm on vacation! I don't mind waiting in long lines, traffic, because it's quiet... About a month after she was born I had to have a cavity filled at the dentist that took like 3 hours. They apologized that it took so long and I was like "NO PROBLEM! Take as long as you need!!" This pedicure will be like a vacation from Teething Town.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Life sounds so eerily similar at your place as it is here, minus the pedicure of course. I'm just not into having my nails done for some reason. I'm weird, I know. Anyway, I also got a bike trailer for my birthday. We don't actually own it yet, but I have it in theory! I can't wait to actually make the purchase, as it has been 2 years since I have ridden my bike because I can't leave Gabby behind. The bike was my birthday present 3 years ago and my butt needs to revist that gift. Ha! Madda looks so cute in her little trailer!

Two-And-Twenty said...

Basically I am saying that harry potter is THAT good. =) i love TKM ... but harry potter ... hits a soft spot with me. =)

cool bike trailer! now you can work off your professed baby weight by toting the baby around on bikes!! =D