Monday 1 October 2007

"The whole world's wrong, that's what's the matter."

I have lots to write about. I still need to talk about our craaazy week last week. And finally going to see OUR TOWN! ~Tada~

But right now - I just feel really sad. I had a FABulous day . . . I got to spend the entire afternoon with my old college roomie - Kris. She has a baby just about Madeline's age so we had tons to catch up on!

I don't know why that would make me sad. Maybe it's because we were talking about our college days when life was easy. Maybe it's because my stomach hurts. Maybe it's because I have two loads of laundry waiting to be folded. Maybe it's because my mind is now full of Laundry and baby toys all day instead of Milton and Shakespeare. I think it was T S Eliot who said "I have measured out my life in coffee spoons." I say "I have measured out my life in laundry detergent scoops."

Maybe it's because I'm watching a documentary on a couple with twins who just had sextuplets. *That would be my luck - finally decide we can handle another baby and get pregnant with a litter*

I just feel sad. When I told my husband he of course wants to fix it. Like "My foot itches." Do men not ever just feel sad? I guess not..... He asked me to do a small simple thing and I just pouted and whined about it. I'm usually not that way.....what's gotten into me?

I just want to get in bed and cover up with my warm covers.

Sigh

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love "Our Town" too! I was in it in high school. I didn't play anyone important, just George's little sister, Rebecca.

Emily said...

Yes, Shoshannah! Was that on his show? It's now coming back to me.