Saturday 27 October 2007

I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold

I'm having a rare case of insomnia and I was fiddling around in my e-mail and found this e-mail from one year ago.

Me to Steve

Wow - can you even believe that we got almost 7 hours of sleep last night????????? How AWESOME was that????????? I am mostly happy that you were able to "catch up" on some of your much needed sleep. It means so much to me for you to wake up not looking like you had to work the night shift too. I hope it helped. mostly, I hope we can replicate it. I wouldn't even mind getting up 2 or 3 more times with her....just to have some hours of peaceful sleep. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Meanwhile I am going to try to keep her awake again today.

I miss you....I can't tell you how nice it was for you to hide that card. I don't need to tell you that it brought tears to my eyes over and over to read it. It probably meant the most of any card you've ever given me. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are the best thing that ever happened to me.

She is up and alert right now - a little fussy but at least awake!

I can't wait to wrap my arms around you tonight. I love you

erin

and the reply -

Last night was great!!! I think I will feel that extra sleep tomorrow though and my body today is running off the limited sleep we got the night before!

I am really glad you liked the card, I have had it for a while now.

I love you sweetheart and cannot wait to get home to see you. Whether we are sleeping, or trying to sleep- as long as we are together that is all that matters to me.
Steve

I'm sure he'll be mortified at my putting our secret romantic-ness up here...but oh well.

It's amazing though, at how quickly we get all jaded and everything isn't it? Those days dating you just swoon over each other and end up doing things like taking a 10 mile bike trip or watching an action movie to impress each other. Then, you get married and you're like "I'm not watching these crappy movies anymore and I hate exersize."

It's amazing he hasn't indicted me for fraud.

I love you Steven. I don't tell you enough. I wish I could write off my bad attitudes as post partum moodiness, but I think after a year I'm not allowed to use that anymore. No one else on this EARTH could handle me like you do.

"Tip me over and pour me out"

1 comment:

Emily said...

Aww! What a sweet post! It's nice to hear someone speak so nicely about their spouse, especially when it comes from the man's mouth. I think society expects the women to be all sappy, but when guys get in on it, it just melts your heart doesn't it? Congrats, Erin. Looks like you scored a good one.