Thursday 4 October 2007

Good Advice

I heard some good advice this morning that I thought I'd pass along. Turns out it's by one of my favourite authors, Odgen Nash.

He wrote the poem "The duck"

Behold the duck
It clucks
And when he eats
He bottom ups

"The Guppy"
Whales have calves,
Cats have kittens,
Bears have cubs,
Bats have bittens,
Swans have cygnets,
Seals have puppies,
But guppies just have little guppies.

"The Ostrich"
The ostrich roams the great Sahara.
Its mouth is wide, its neck is narra.
It has such long and lofty legs,
I'm glad it sits to lay its eggs

Anyway, you get the picture. He writes fun poetry that will be really fun to read with little Madeline. But today I realized he also wrote some sage marriage advice:

To keep your marriage brimming, With love in the loving cup, Whenever you're wrong, admit it; Whenever you're right, shut up.

Sounds so easy....

1 comment:

Jen said...

I heard this too this morning. I think I'll look more into this Ogden Nash guy.