Monday 18 June 2007

This one goes out to the one I love

Happy Fathers Day Sweetie!

Yesterday was Steve's first Father's Day. We really kept it low key and stayed home most of the day. I coaxed him into sleeping in a little. :)

It's amazing.....babyhood has changed our lives. It's no more pick up and do whatever we want - run to Chicago for the weekend to see YoYo Ma...go see a cozy Saturday afternoon matinee...stay up late talking... babydom is exhausting. But yet, it's a totally facet of our relationship and one that makes him even more amazing to me. When he's on the floor playing with Madeline or giving her a bath - or especially when he's reading to her and has her in his lap....I'm more in love with him than ever. He's my protector and provider - my ROCK "even Steven!"....but the tenderness he shows to our daughter touches me in a way that none of his other attributes do. Maybe it's because she's a little girl....maybe because my own dad is a MAN's man (a real life mcguyver)...but was always so tender with his girls. Whatever it is - I admire him so much for taking this crazy life altering event and taking it n stride.

I love you sweetie. You are amazing. You inspire me.

"I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls brought me here."

No comments: