Monday 21 May 2007

Summertime, and the livin' is easy

Anyone who knows me knows that I don't really like nature.

Don't get me wrong, I mean I'm not saying we should tear down the rainforests or anything - but I don't really care to be outside if i don't have to be. Personally - I lOVE the city. Give me NYC or London ANY day of the week. If I never saw another tree - it wouldn't bother me. When I see the city it affects me like when most people see the mountains. You know how John Denver used to sit in front of a lake or something and sing? That would be me - in front of the Crysler song singing "Downtown."

So - knowing this - why am I LOVING working outside this summer? I begged Steve to show me how to mow on the tractor and use the weed wacker. I've been outside pulling weeds from the front rockbeds almost every other day. I even spent about 3 hours in the Strawberry patch over the last few weekends pulling horrible prickly weeds. ( Scientific name - prickliess planutuss) The Strawberries are really starting to look good and should be "pickable" in a week or two!!! We got 2 pounds last year - I can't wait. There is nothing NOTHING like strawberries from your own garden.

We also planted raspberries, onions, watermelon, green and red peppers, every kind of tomatoes, jalepenos, cayenne, and habenero. :) I hope they work out!!!

I am actually super jazzed about our little garden and hope it works out. Who knew - me - livin' the Green Acres life!

"Darling I love you, but give me Park Avenue"

Next thing you know, I'll be rasinging sheep and chickens!!

No comments: