Thursday 27 December 2007

And so this is Christmas

Had a fanTABulous Christmas this year. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by. Last year at Christmas Madeline was just a lump. Now - she's a full on toddler! (Who still can't toddle)

I awoke Christmas morning at 4:30 and ran down to see if my stocking was full. Ok, I jest - I did wake up at 4:30 but that was to prepare the brunch and "fixins" for Christmas with my in-laws. We had TONS of food and there was a little something for everyone so that made me feel good. Madeline has been going through something of late that has just made her whiny and miserable. I kept attributing it to her 4th molar and I juuuuust think I might have been right. It seemed to really come to a peak Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday and today she was like my old baby. She's been "off" for about a month. Not sleeping well, being incredibly clingy and needy etc... it's been incredibly hard on Steve and I. But today she was just her old self again. Happy as all get out in the grocery store - we had TONS of fun playing with her new toys. (I am, by some feat of science, able to squeeze myself through her tunnel/tent. This gives her incredible delight.) She even came up to me and said "na na" and grabbed her bear. I said "ok, night night time" took her upstairs and put her in her crib for a nap and she didn't peep. (I know this was a huge fluke, but still it was nice!) Anywho, all that to say that Christmases were a liiiiittle stressed with her not being at 100%. I have to give my husband mad props for being amazing handling her. She's been "Daddy only" for about the past 2 months so it's really up to him to calm her down and he has just got amazing amounts of patience and love for that little girl.

Madeline got obscene amounts of clothes for Christmas which was JUST what we asked for! She got some toys and lots of books and money toward her 529 college fund. (YEAH!) She got Chamois sheets that are so soft I thought about taking a nap in her crib to try them out myself.

Meanwhile, I got some fun gifts too. I got lots of socks (something I begged for because I am terrible at losing socks!) I got some DVDs (Pride and Prejudice, Crash, and JFK) and some books! (Thanks honey!!) I also got a hand vac, a set of international clocks, lots of gift cards (yay Starbucks!) and a reeally reeeeeally cool portable burner set!

Steve, in true Magi fashion, got an ipod touch. I am SO GLAD he likes it!!! :)

As I sit here, I can't help but think about what next Christmas will be like. She'll be a "terrible" 2 and I'm sure we won't have to coax her into opening presents next year!

Meanwhile, I'm gearing up for the New Year and Auld Lang Syne. ( A song which always makes me terribly sad for some reason)

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us! Sounds like Madda is coming right along. I can't believe she has 4 molars already. Gabby doesn't even have 1, but her gums are bulging in that area. She has been REALLY clingy and needy to me the past month, so maybe that's what that is all about. She is so bad that she whines and cries (anxiety) when I go to the bathroom and close the door. Geesh! You'll have to tell me what a portable burner set is (camping?). I'm dumb.