Wednesday 25 July 2007

Brownies or Reptiles??

The scene_ My husband's home office

Steve is working at his desk, I am sitting on the floor beside him posting like a madwoman on ebay.

For some reason "Mr. Grinch" comes into my head (which, let me tell you, is a welcome relief because for the past 24 hours I've only been singing the "Go Meat" song. "This salad rocks the best - make it easy at your desk!")

Erin: hums Mr. Grinch to herself

Steve: (listening to Coltrane) "Where did that comes from?"

Erin: "I dunno....it just popped into my head."

A few minutes pass

Erin: "Given the choice between you and a sea sick crocodile....I'd take the seasick crocodiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile!" *tap tap tap at the keys*

Steve: Seasick crocdile?

Erin: Yes. I'd take the seasick crocodiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

Steve: No. It's, I'd take the CC Crocker girl.

Erin: CC crocker girl? What does that even mean?

Steve: No, you know - like the food...like CC Crocker.

Erin: *squints* You mean like....Betty Crocker?

Steve: "Yeah"

Erin: "No. I really don't think so"

Steve looks up lyrics knowing he is right

STeve: Hmmmmm what do you know...... "I'd take the seasick crocodile."

:)

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Boy that brings back memories from English class at Colonial. One of my favorite traditions was watching the Grinch before exams.

Was there any literary vlaue in that? Some may argue. But I still have the video.