Friday 16 January 2009

Ode to Pajamas

I have long been jealous of Madeline's footy pajamas. Especially since Indiana has turned Arctic. Steve and I bought a pair for our friend Tony as a joke for Christmas and he LOVES them. One night after we bought them, it was so cold that I threatened to get them out and wear them. (Would my husband ever forgive me for wearing footy pajamas?)



The coldest room in our house is our bedroom. I don't really want to talk about it because it puts me in a bad mood, but our room is always always freezing. It doesn't help that I am always cold anyway. SEGUE - everyone always tells me how much they hated having a summer pregnancy because they got so hot. Madeline was a summer pregnancy and I LOVED IT! I don't dig this winter thing as much I don't think. Anywho, my gorgeous nightwear usually consists of a pair of sweats and a long-sleeved shirt. (And my heated mattress pad cranked to 11) But lately it's been so cold even that isn't cutting the mustard, so I've added a sweatshirt to the mix. (I know I know, try to hold yourself back from that gorgeous imagine.)



I told Steve that when I have this baby I'd like to get a pair of cute pajamas to wear in the hospital. I lived in hospital gowns last time and it was a nightmare. I wanted a pair of cute flannel pants and a button top. I had a few extra moments yesterday so I stopped in to Kohls to look for a pair.



What luck! They had clearanced their "Simply Vera" collection to 70% off! I found a really cute pair of red pajamas with white dots. They were such thick fleece, that I was tempted to put them on in the middle of the store!



Last night I decided to give the pjs a test drive. "I'll just try them on" I told myself, "To make sure they will fit in the hospital and everything..." So I put them on - and was transported directly to couture heaven. I don't know what the VW people made these pajamas out of but I have never, in my life, felt anything softer or more comfortable. It was like it added 20 degrees to the temperature around me. I padded around for a while and then informed my husband that I would have to buy another "special" pair of "birthin' pjs" because these weren't coming off any time soon.



As I got up this morning, I remarked at how well I had slept. At the expense of sounding like an infomercial - I feel owe it all to the pajamas. It was like sleeping in silk with the warmth of sherpa! I have no intention of getting out of them any time soon. They had a few different colours and patterns so I could easily get one for every day of the week.



And to think Madda was keeping all this warm pajama goodness to herself!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm so glad you found some comfies! I've been meaning to FB you about my snazzy ones from the pics, but I keep forgetting when I log on. I also found mine at the lovely Kohl's. I have to admit that I don't often splurge in such a luxury. The flannel/fleece pants always shrink upon washing and the once nicely fitting pants become capri length.

I have always had to resort to the awful gown in the hospital too. This time around, though, comfies were at the top of my list. I bought mine even before the thought of purchasing a diaper crossed my mind. Good luck looking for the perfect pair!!