Thursday 4 December 2008

My favourite Christmas Songs

In Random Order:

1. All I want for Christmas is You
(I heard this about 2.5 million times while I was dating my husband)

2. Carol of the Bells
(Does anyone remember THIS version?)

3. O Holy Night
(I love those lines, "Truly He taught us to love one another;
His law is love and His gospel is peace.
Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother;
And in His name all oppression shall cease. ")

The story behind the lyrics and music of the song are incredible..
And who doesn't love that hiiiiigh note at the end?

4. Santa Baby
Any song that mentions Tiffanys is ok by me!

5. The First Noel
When I was a kid I liked that people sang the last word as "Isss RYE el"

There are lots more...but these are the first few that came to mind right away...

What are your favourites?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

In the bleak mid-winter, O holy night, christmas shoes, and the friendly beasts

Emily said...

See, this is why we were separated at birth. I LOVE THE CLAYMATION VERSION of CAROL OF THE BELLS! It doesn't get any better than that. We have an old VHS copy of that floating around my house or my parents' house. I was just thinking about it earlier today and whether or not I should make the effort to dig it up. I LOVED that show! I also loved the stained glass Joy to the World.

My Christmas favs are...O Holy Night, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Merry Christmas Darling, Carol of the Bells, The Christmas Song, Silent Night, Breath of Heaven...geez. The list goes on!