Wednesday 12 March 2008

Let us be sacrificers, but not butchers


So, I have decided to make these cookies for the Ides of March. I'm going to make them tomorrow and let them harden for Steve to take into work on Friday. Of course, I will be making them sans red hots.
The Ides of March are when I seem to miss teaching most. It was one of the fun activities I used to do with them. I'd make them all crowns out of fake leaves, and let them dress up in sheets (over their clothes of course!) and act out the death scene (aka only good scene) from Julius Caesar.
Sigh.

3 comments:

The Carrels said...

yum...i love these cookies...can I have one?

Stephanie said...

my mom is a latin teacher and she is having her students watch the scene from julius caesar and then re-enact it, much like you!

Emily said...

I guess I need to blow the photo up because they didn't look like cookies at first. I wasn't sure what it was but my first guess was ravioli. I think I need to get my eyes checked! I bet your students miss you as much as you miss then, despite you making them act out Julius Caesar. Just teasing--I'm sure they loved it since it was different from things they would do in their other classes (except choir and drama, of course).