Monday 4 February 2008

Just call me Oscar

Sorry for the lapse in posts, I've been busy with a grouchy baby (apparently we took her off the reflux medication a little too soon) and I think some of it's rubbing off on me because I've been a real wench latley. I think I'm becoming more sensitive with age. I found this the other day and couldn't believe how well it nailed me. *note to self - make husband teach me how to hyperlink!* I am a "Melancholy-Sanguine" personality.

Mr. MelSan is usually a very gifted person, fully capable of being a musician who can steal the heart of an audience. As an artist, he not only draws or paints beautifully but can sell his own work- if he's in the right mood. It is not uncommon to encounter him in the field of education, for he makes a good scholar and probably the best of all classroom teachers, particularly on the high school and college level. The melancholy in him will ferret out little-known facts and be exacting in the use of events and detail, while the sanguine will enable him to communicate well with students.
Mr. MelSan shows an interesting combination of mood swings. Be sure of this: he is an emotional creature! When circumstances are pleasing to him, he can reflect a fantastically happy mood. But if things work out badly or he is rejected, insulted, or injured, he drops into such a mood that his lesser sanguine nature drowns in the resultant sea of self pity. He is easily moved to tears, feels everything deeply, but can be unreasonably critical and hard on others. He tends to be rigid and usually will not cooperate unless things go his way, which is often idealistic and impractical. He is often a fearful, insecure man with a poor self-image which limits him unnecessarily.

No comments: