Monday 7 January 2008

The Country Mouse

Steve and I had a GREAT time in Canada. (I'll post more pictures later that I actually took with our camera.) We had a couple of AWESOME meals, found some funky shops, went ice skating, and enjoyed fantastic seats to the Bowl Game.

I have to admit that I am totally in love with Toronto. Steve and I walked about 3 miles through the art and fashion district and every other store was a womens clothing store or a shoe store! We didn't have time to stop in all of them, but we did get to sample a real taste of that part of the city. Sort of Broad Ripple with SOHO prices (thus why we didn't buy much).

There are few places I like enough to wear I actually fell like I could move there and be happy, but Toronto was one of those places. There was so much to do, the arts had a HUGE presence there, and it's a huge, fast moving city. I saw lots of people out with babies in the parks and in the shops. So the kids wouldn't have a yard to play in.... grass is overrated right? I know my husband would NEVER live in the downtown of any city, but I could totally do it. Being in Toronto made me miss the city terribly. I wish there was a way to be a city and country mouse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.