Friday 1 May 2009

An Open Letter to the Creepy Man in my Driveway Yesterday


1. You are very VERY lucky it was my husband who has just pulled in right before you did and it wasn't me with my young child. I'll give you ONE guess which part of "fight or flight" you would have seen.
2. You are very VERY lucky my husband doesn't have a licence to carry a concealed weapon. Mr. Creepy Man meet Mr. Smith and Wesson.
3. A policeman told me once that if someone broke into my house I had the right to shoot him. (Although you put one toenail in my house while my child is here and being shot would be the BEST scenario you'd come away with)
4. You are alleging to be with the census for next year. You said you just needed to stand on our porch. What do you need to do on our front patio that you can't do from the street?
5. You are very, I mean VERY lucky that my husband had a great day yesterday. One of the reasons we moved to the middle of nowhere is that my husband is an intensely private person. First the JWs show up and now creepy men supposedly working for the Census? Even if you were, you should have explained why you needed to stand on my patio.
We have an alarm system, alert neighbors, and most importantly - I'm a mother. Let me just tell you that you would die a slow painful death and I wouldn't feel badly about it.
The end.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

We had a lady from the census burrow here at our house today. She said she had to stand right out front the door and enter the coordinates into her GPS. sorry yours was so scary.

Doesn't love a wall said...

Oh Carrie that actually helps! I was just SOOOOOOO confused as to why this man had to come to our house in the middle of nowhere a YEAR before the census and stand on our porch. I feel better about the whole thing now!

Jenny said...

they are all over the place here, too. But you cannot be too careful IMO. They should NOT hire creepy looking people to work for the Census Bureau. I mean, really - we pay enough taxes for them to hire non-creepy people. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm we haven't had anyone come by. I understand how it would give you the creeps. People can get badges and stuff so easily now!

Kelse

Emily said...

Totally agree with TwoMuths. That was a funny comment!